Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Run for it!


"If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now.  Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it." ~ Priscilla Welch

Tomorrow is May 1, and for many people that means the start of marathon season.  We may still be getting tricked by mother nature, but soon the snow and ice will be gone and we'll see more people out enjoying the trails and filling the sidewalks.  There are many great events in Saskatchewan for competitive and recreational runners.  Whether you choose to aim for a personal best, enjoy the festivities, cheer on a friend or family member, or leisurely run/walk, the important thing is to stay active.  Healthy eating and activity are often too low on our priority lists.  Below are a variety of events (please let me know if I missed one and I'll gladly add it) with a variety of distances and themes to keep them competitive and fun.  I ran the 5km last year at the Bridge City Boogie and will run the 10km this year to keep things interesting!  I also plan to try out the Color Me Rad 5km event for something fun to do with a group of friends.
I haven't posed a question to you in awhile, but what are you training for or registering for this Spring/Summer/Fall? 

SK Marathon - May 26; stop by Prairieland May 25 for the Race Expo and come chat with me at the Craven Sport Services/Something Nutrishus booth!
 
Bridge City Boogie - June 9 

River Run Classic - July 14 (new date, previous years in August)

SRRA Trail Race #2 - July 20


Color Me Rad - September 14, 2013


SRRA Trail Race #3 - Sept. 21

 
Mogathon - Sept. 28

Sask 50km Ultra - Oct. 19

If you're interested in joining a running clinic or group, check out:

Let me know if you have an event or training group that you'd like me to share with the locals (and if I feel it's appropriate I'll post it).

Here's to a sunny and warm May!
Steph Langdon, RD
something nutrishus counselling & coaching